Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but also the most chaotic. I am always on the hunt for an easy and quick breakfast recipe and when I came across a breakfast pizza, I just had to try it! It combines all my favorite breakfast foods: eggs, bacon, hash browns and cheese, all in one yummy casserole.
Gather your ingredients: one dozen eggs, frozen shredded hash browns, cheese, crescent rolls and BACON! You can also add anything else you’d like such as, sausage, peppers, veggies and more
Fry up your bacon, nice and crispy. Roll out your package of crescent rolls into a greased casserole dish and spread your hash browns over them. I let my hash browns thaw out a little.
Beat up your eggs and pour them over the hash browns. Add a pinch of salt and peppa. Crumble up your bacon and sprinkle over the top of the eggs.
Bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and return to oven just until cheese is melted.
Be sure to check out Little BGCG who made a delish Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Chicken that I will be trying soon! So yum!
Recipe adapted from here.
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 3 cups of shredded hash browns
- 1 can of crescent roll dough
- 6 slices of bacon (more if you are a bacon freak like me)
- optional: other toppings: veggies, other meats, cheeses, mushrooms etc.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry up bacon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough into a greased casserole dish.
- Spread shredded hash browns on top of the dough.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, salt and pepper to taste, and spread over the hash browns.
- Crumble up bacon and sprinkle the bacon bits over the eggs.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place back in oven just until cheese melts.
- Sever warm with toast and enjoy