Yes. That’s right. French toast and bacon cupcakes. You don’t want to try and eat this when you’re trying to accomplish anything else. Have one while settling down to the entire Harry Potter series or a night-long partybingo.com marathon. Oh my worddd are these things amazing. Delicious. Scrumptious. And they are so easy to make!
First things first, the cupcake batter.
Gather your ingredients: softened butter, eggs, cake flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder.
Mix it all together. Sure, you can mix the butter and sugar first, then combine everything little by little, but I was on a time crunch (and starving!) so I just mixed ‘em all up.
Grease your muffin tin and fill each cup with about 3/4 of the cupcake batter and bake at 375* for 25-27 minutes.
While the cupcakes are baking, you’ll want to whip up some maple buttercream frosting.
Combine 2 sticks of softened butter, 2 and 3/4 cups of powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons of heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon of maple extract. Mix on high until fluffy.
This maple frosting is delicious. Its fluffy and maple-y, tastes like a maple donut. I luhhhh it.
Remove your cupcakes from the oven and let them cool. Generously frost them then dip them in some crispy bacon pieces
I love bacon.
I love cupcakes.
- French Toast Cupcakes: ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups cake flour, sifted
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- Maple Buttercream Frosting: 2 Sticks butter, softened
- 2¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fry (or bake) up some crispy bacon and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add the eggs to the creamed butter one at time, waiting for each one to be fully incorporated before adding the next. Then add the milk.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly in the muffin tin. Bake at 375* for 25-27 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool completely.
- For the frosting: Mix all 4 ingredients together. Beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Frost your cupcakes and cover them with crispy bacon pieces.
Also check out…