Because we were heading out super early yesterday for a day of errands and water park fun, I needed an easy breakfast recipe, preferably one that I could prepare the night before. I came across a recipe from The Pioneer Woman (LOVE her!) and just had to make it.
With hard boiled eggs, BACON, and cheese, what’s not to like?! These were so easy to make and the kids and DH love loved them so I will definitely be making them again soon!
I boiled, peeled, and chopped up the eggs the night before and left them in the refrigerator.
In the morning, I fried up some bacon, BACONNN (sorry, I love bacon…) and made it nice and crispy and chopped it up. Yum.
Then throw the eggs, bacon, some cheese, mayo (for binding), Dijon, and a little bit of garlic power in a bowl and mixed it up.
Spread the mixture over the top of English muffin halves. I wasn’t stingy with the mix and put a good heap on each muffin top.
Place the muffins on a cookie sheet and broil them for about 5 minutes, until the edges are crispy and the cheese is melted. Enjoy
- 6 Hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Mayo
- 1 package of Bacon
- ½ tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 English Muffins, cut in half
- Fry up the bacon, nice and crispy. Chop the pieces.
- Combine eggs with all other ingredients. Mix together gently.
- Spread the mixture on English muffin halves, then broil for 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman