One thing I cannot get enough of during this pregnancy is strawberries! We go through so many containers of them a week, it’s insane. Last week, for our Memorial Day get-together, I decided to make one of my favorite desserts using my new trifle dish and my favorite fruit. For as long as I can remember, a berry trifle dessert has accompanied every family gathering. With moist cake, fresh fruit, whipped cream, and pudding, it’s really the perfect summertime dessert!
We always have different version of the berry trifle dessert but my absolute favorite is a Strawberry Banana Trifle. It’s SO good and so easy to make! It was such a big hit last weekend that I’ll probably make it again for the 4th of July and just toss in some blueberries to give it a more patriotic look
This light, fluffy dessert will be perfect for all of your Summer gatherings and is sure to be a hit!
- French Vanilla or White boxed cake mix
- Large carton of strawberries
- 4 bananas
- Large package of instant vanilla pudding
- Large container of Cool Whip
- 2½ cups of milk
- 1 can of sweet condensed milk
- Prepare the cake mix as per the directions on the box. After letting the cake cool completely, cut into chunks and set aside.
- Combine the sweet condensed milk, milk, and vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl. Mix until well combined and let set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Cut the bananas and strawberries into slices.
- After the pudding has set, fold in half of the cool whip.
- Using your trifle dish, layer some of the cake chunks on the bottom.
- Pour some vanilla pudding on top of the first layer of cake.
- Add half of the bananas and strawberries.
- Continue with the cake, pudding, and fruit layers until the trifle dish is full.
- Top with Cool Whip and chill until serving time.