Sophia | 1 month old!

One month ago (already!?!?), our beautiful baby girl entered this world and completed our family. Sophia Jade has been such an amazing blessing in our lives. This past month has been filled with stress and way too many tears but also with love, bliss, and cuddles.

At one month old, Sophia…

• Wakes up every 2 hours to nurse.
  • Weighs 6 pounds, 10 ounces.
  • Is starting to fit into her newborn clothes.
  • Has celebrated her first holiday – 4th of July.
  • Loves to be rocked and swayed to sleep.
  • No longer cries hysterical during bath time and diaper changes.
  • Is still on the at-home apnea monitor and caffeine.
  • Gets complimented on her gorgeous hair whenever we go out.
  • Must be swaddled in order to sleep.
  • Loves when mommy wears her in a wrap.
  • Loves to cuddle, especially skin to skin with mommy and daddy.
  • Is very lucky to have 2 big brothers that love her soo much.

Baby Sophia showed what a fighter she is during her NICU stay and has amazed us ever since. She has her mommy, daddy, and brothers wrapped around her little fingers and we simply cannot get enough of her! We are thoroughly enjoying being a family of five and are so thankful for all that we have been blessed with.

Comments

1. Alex Liz Robinson says:

She is so adorable! I can’t believe it has been one month already! I love the picture with her older brothers, so precious!

2. She is so sweet! Happy 1 month, Sophia! ♥

3. Bekah Kuczenski says:

Happy 1 Month! She is absolutely gorgeous!

4. She is gorgeous! God bless her and congrats to your family. :)

5. Beautiful family :)

6. Anna Claire says:

Beautiful! I know what it’s like to have a NICU baby, and she looks like such a strong little fighter!

7. She is SO super cute! Happy 1 month Little Sophia <3

8. She looks so sophisticated!

9. She is so adorable, and so tiny!

10. So cute! My hubby said the same thing when he saw the pic, about her hair :)

11. Jodi Flaherty says:

She is so Stylish!

12. She is darling!

13. Chelsey says:

Happy 1 month! And I love her hair too!

14. Nicole U says:

I love her 1 month old outfit!!

15. Melissa says:

I can’t believe she is already 1 month! It’s flown by! ;-)

16. so sweet!

17. So cute!! Love her one month outfit!! sounds like she is doing well, congrats!

18. Love the pic with the boys and Sophie. Glad she’s growing and healthy.

19. Sabrina Radke says:

Beautiful children Becca, congratulations :)

20. Your bullet point about caffeine, you have to watch your caffeine or you have her on caffeine?
    Anyways, all the kids are gorgeous! You are one blessed mama!

• Hi Zandra! Because she was 5 weeks early, her lungs weren’t fully developed so she would have episodes where she would forget to breathe or not breathe enough. She gets a dose of liquid caffeine mixed with a little bit of pumped milk in a bottle every morning. It’s to jump start her respiratory system and eliminate those episodes.

21. courtney b says:

what an adorable outfit… they grow up so fast dont they?

22. courtney says:

beautiful baby…….beautiful family!

23. I am not sure how early your daughter was but what a cutie…I just gave birth to my son 5 weeks ago today and he was 4 weeks early. I also have a daughter, who now 24 years old, was born 9 weeks early. I find preemie babies way cuter than full term. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter.

24. Lisa Ellis says:

Congratuations! She’s adorable. I love the month stickie’s, thinking about getting those for my little one. It’s a great idea and keeps track automatically when you look back….

25. Oh She is soooo sweet!

26. Ambria D says:

She is too adorable!!! I love her outfit so much!

27. christine says:

beautiful baby. she has so much hair!

28. Maleigha says:

She does have gorgeous hair! My son refused to be swaddled once he left the hospital. Every two hours?!

29. She is so sweet! She is totally going to have her older brothers wrapped around her finger!

30. Vanessa Coker says:

Beautiful Sophia! I love her skin complexion and yes her hair is so very gorgeous :) She’s lucky to have not one, but 2 big brothers to watch out for her she gets older! :)

31. Oh my goodness your children are so adorable!! Love the pictures!

32. Wendy O. says:

So jealous of the full head of hair! :) My sister’s kids have all had full heads of hair. My daughter was born blonde and with very little hair. Sophia looks like one very lucky girl to have those big brothers watching over her!

33. Such a cutie and so much hair. Congrats again!

34. What a doll baby! Her eyes are so big, love it!!

35. Theresa C. says:

She’s so precious! She grown so much in a month!Congrats again :)

36. Theresa C. says:

She’s so precious! She’s grown so much in a month!Congrats again :)

37. Aww I love how you have recorded her milestones for her!! What a great idea. She is adorable! I love the headband =)

38. Rachel D says:

Your family is beautiful! Sophia is such a cutie. Love all that gorgeous dark hair.

39. She is so beautiful!

40. She is so beautiful!! And all that hair!!

41. Laura Martin says:

She is absolutely precious!

42. She is absolutely beautiful and I can see why she gets complimented on her pretty hair :) I love her headband! You have a beautiful family!

43. Rachel N says:

She is so precious! Absolutely beautiful!

44. natalie s says:

Can’t believe your little lady is 1 month old already! She is SO adorable!! I would just cuddle and hug her all day long :)

45. Those pictures are adorable. What a precious little girl!

46. She is gorgeous, and so are her older brothers! I love the picture of them all together…so very cute!

47. She is such a beautiful baby!