My mom is amazing. “How does she do it?” I wonder to myself quite often. She is the best cook I know, she listens whenever someone needs an ear, she’s a shoulder to lean on, and she’s raised some pretty awesome kids – if I do say so myself
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because my mom always goes above and beyond with her menu and that entire family gathers to enjoy an amazing feast with the best company. My mom has this amazing Dutch Apple Pie recipe that I look forward to every year. It’s so easy and so so good.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup of Crisco shortening
- 8 Apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/8 cup of sugar
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all crust ingredients in your pie plate. Mix them all together to form a ball.
- Roll the pie crust out to cover the pie plate and form edges.
- For the filling, combine all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once combined, pour into pie plate.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- Using your fingers or a fork, mix up the butter with the dry ingredients until you form little pea like chunks.
- Pour the topping mixture on top of the apples in the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping and crust edges or nicely browned.
- Use whipped topping or caramel to garnish and enjoy!
Because we all have that woman in our lives that inspire us, Samsung Home Appliances has put out a call for people to nominate the Women of Steel in their life. They have found some of the most magnificent women out there. Women whose superhuman strengths make them inspiration role models and whose quick speed and heightened tastes make entertaining look easy. Now, they need our help to name the ultimate Woman of Steel!
Head over to the Samsung Home Appliance Facebook page to vote for your favorite Women of Steel nominee. The grand prize winner will receive a gorgeous new Samsung Kitchen Suite as well as some other fabulous goodies.